How should a Face Mask be worn?
If you are not working in a chemical or healthcare industry, wearing a face mask regularly might be a new thing for you. However, the Australian government has made it mandatory for the general public to wear these protective gears. Is wearing a face mask in public places worth it? Yes, masks do have a role in keeping you safe. Along with a mask, practicing physical distancing and washing hands frequently can help fight the virus.
As said, wearing a face mask in public helps prevent the spread of airborne pathogens but only if worn correctly, covering both your mouth and nose. Chances are you could be doing it wrong. Perhaps at the worst, you might be accidentally exposing yourself further to the possibility of catching the virus without proper precautions. Thankfully, wearing a mask is not that difficult of a course to pass. All it needs is some attention to detail. We are here to help you with that! Before anything, we want you to know some basics.
What is a Face Mask?
Face masks are intended to be worn for preventing the spread of airborne disease. These are designed to cover the nose and mouth and have bands or ear loops or ties at the back of the head. There are different brands available in the market now, and they come in different colors. However, not all masks are designed the same, so for optimal protection, look for face mask for sale only from reliable sellers.
What is a Face Mask used for?
Face masks help prevent spreading of germs. When someone coughs, talks, or sneezes, tiny droplets will be released into the air, which can infect others. However, a face mask can prevent these germs from entering your body through the mouth and nose. A face mask protects the wearer’s nose and mouth from splashes or sprays of body fluids. The benefits don’t end here. You can also use it to prevent inhaling airborne particles during other works like carpet cleaning, dusting, upholstery cleaning, etc.
How to wear your Face Mask properly?
- Wash your hands before you put your 3ply disposable mask on.
- Make sure the mask does not have any holes or tears.
- Touch only the ties or bands when wearing and taking off your mask.
- Put it over your mouth and nose and secure it under the chin
- Make sure it fits comfortably against the sides of your face.
- Make sure you can talk and breathe comfortably through your mask.
- Avoid touching the 3ply disposable mask frequently, and, if you do, wash your hands thoroughly.
- Moreover, disposable face masks should be used only once and then thrown off in the trash and be replaced or removed when they become moist.